Monday, October 11, 2010

A 2nd repository, for Breast Cancer Resources

I found Drupal to be the right repository management software for my 675 collection of puppet resources, but I am going to be using Dspace in the next two weeks to create a second repository, of breast cancer resources.

This is because I have worked with breast cancer resources in the past, in the creation of a metadata schema, controlled vocabulary, and relational database, for IRLS 515. I've been interested in continuing to develop these modular components to work together, and consequently I just got accepted in the GPSC Student Showcase for my work with breast cancer resources, which I'll exhibit under the name "An Integrated Approach To Information Discovery In Consumer Breast Cancer Research." The resources used for the work so far have been online, with our series of integrated projects designed to direct consumers to them while reporting on the quality of information that is accessed.

I decided that at the Showcase, through lively graphic and digital representation I will also show where this integrated approach to information discovery is going. The user interface I am currently creating will deliver a sample set of online results, along with research I find in Creative Commons stored in a local repository. I don't expect it to be complete by any means, but I feel members of the University of Arizona's rich scholarly and medical communities would appreciate peering into the development of this project while it is still transparent, and while I am still able to incorporate feedback and opportunities for interdisciplinary collaboration.

No comments:

Post a Comment